Shropshire Music Education Hub
Shropshire Music Education Partnership (Shropshire Music Hub) is a group of organisations whose collective aim is to promote and facilitate high quality musical learning and experiences throughout the county. The Hub receives funding from central government via Arts Council England in order to deliver the following opportunities as laid out in the National Plan for Music Education (NPME).
1. Ensure that every child aged 5-18 has the opportunity to learn a musical instrument (other than voice) through whole-class ensemble teaching programmes for ideally a year (but for a minimum of a term) of weekly tuition on the same instrument.
2. Provide opportunities to play in ensembles and to perform from an early stage.
3. Ensure that clear progression routes are available and affordable to all young people.
4. Develop a singing strategy to ensure that every pupil sings regularly and that choirs and other vocal ensembles are available in the area.
1. Offer CPD to school staff, particularly in supporting schools to deliver music in the curriculum.
2. Provide an instrument loan service, with discounts or free provision for those on low incomes.
3. Provide access to large scale and / or high quality music experiences for pupils, working with professional musicians and / or venues.
Our list of partners is growing rapidly. Here are our major ones so far.